Monday, July 27, 2009

Trek - The Arrival

So, at Adam's birthday party we were talking to the Holmsteads in our ward about the trek they were taking as a family to Martin's Cove. They were like, "you guys should come with us!" (along with the Barrus family) It was only a week away, but we were going to Bear Lake anyway, so we decided, why not? It was an amazing experience - one we will never forget. The Spirit there, even just driving in was amazing. It was declared by Pres. Hinckley "Wyoming's Open Air Temple" and it felt that way. That peaceful, solemn, humble feeling that you never want to leave. One of the neat things was that when we were driving through Wyoming, we were reading a book called "Remember", which is all about the hand cart companies, their rescue, and the second rescue of their temple work. Anyway, we were reading about the Willie Company and when they went through Fort Bridger, and not 5 minutes later, I look up and see the sign for Fort Bridger! I am amazed at the sacrifice those pioneers went through to reach Zion! We got to experience just a couple days worth, but incredible to feel like a pioneer!


As soon as we reached Martin's Cove, the kids were so excited to push a handcart! So they got right to it, pushing and pulling around the grassy area
Cordell and Adam were anxious to be in front, taking the lead

Lincoln was so excited to be out of the car, and running all over the parking lot! You can see Devil's Gate in the background


Jennifer, Brenly, and Lincoln happy to be pioneers!




2 comments:

Stacey said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wish we could have gone too. Do you know where I could find that Remember book?

The Mills said...

So cute Rachelle! I love it out there!